Friday, March 12, 2010

I Had a List

I've completed my spring shopping; at Edward's Nursery as usual. Just walking in is such a delight. Everything is blooming and lovely and smelling heavenly. Just as spring should.










































Why oh why don't I have any hyacinths planted??? I can't figure it out, especially after I smelled these beauties. What a great scent!




Some of these are in my future, that's for sure.










A great water feature.


I really did have a list. Here it is:

1. Hellebore - Mardi Gras Double and/or Corsican (Have you seen Catherine's?)
2. Campanula persicifolia - Peach Leaved Bellflower (I was so envious of everyone's last year.)
3. Echinacea - something bright


And then I saw these;



and these,




and this,




I think Loree at Danger Garden is rubbing off on me because five of these plants landed in my cart, including an aloe - 'Pink Blush' and Sedeveria 'Jet Beads'.

I managed to get beyond the succulents and into the perennial area where I saw the Hellebores. Not the ones on my list but I did pick up Jade Tiger and Peppermint Ice.

The campanula persicifolias looked great and I snagged five of them. I couldn't resist the Myosotis sylvatica ‘Victoria Blue’ because, well, you know.





And for my Echinacea I chose 'Firebird', definitely fitting the "something bright" category.


Not a bad trip.






I'm not sure what I'll do with the succulents. We have a hot, dry spot in the back garden. I'm thinking I might pot them up, singly or together, I haven't decided yet, and place them back there.

Have you done your spring shopping? Anything new in your cart?



Update Saturday March 13:

Mother Nature has once again reminded us that spring has not quite arrived.......

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh what great selections. No spring garden shopping here yet still too early.

karenandjeff said...

Hyacinths are great plants! I love forcing them indoors throughout the year. Their scent can fill up a room. Right now I've got five blooming inside, it's a treat.

Southern Lady said...

I love your choices. I can't wait to go shopping. Have a wonderful weekend! Carla

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Beautiful flowering plants to choose and take home. So, Spring is here to stay!! ~bangchik

Anonymous said...

I love looking at all the wonderful plants, although with the last pic of the snow, what will you do with them all for now? Hopefully mother nature will decide soon that spring is here so we can all see pics of your beautiful gardens in bloom.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Yes, I usually have a list, but come home with several new plants and the same list...

Connie said...

Nice choices of plants! I had peachleaf bellflower started from winter sown seed 2 years in a row, and never got them in the ground....they would be blooming this year if I had. :-( Guess I can try again and see if the seed is still viable.