Friday, November 23, 2007

Early Christmas...

My friend Carol phoned me today and invited me to accompany her to the 10th Annual Empty Bowls event. People choose a bowl they like from more than 2,000 handmade bowls, then pay a fee to get that bowl filled with soup made by Boise chefs (actually they give the soup to you in a plastic bowl). Anyway, you get to keep the handmade bowl and all the proceeds go to The Idaho Foodbank. Very cool!






Carol asked if I would like to choose two bowls which would then be my early Christmas gift from her. So fun. Choosing your bowl seems like the fun part but then you also get to choose your soup - I think they were offering four different types. So we got to hang out downtown for a while this afternoon, eat some great soup, enjoy some art, and she donated to a great cause. Nice afternoon!

The bowls I chose:





The detail looks like a mini-galaxy to me.

I love my bowls.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

what an interesting idea, I like the bowls you picked.

Jeffrey said...

Are there that many artisans in that area? That's a great fundraiser.

Anonymous said...

I love pottery like this, and to make it as part of a fundraiser is inspired.

Anonymous said...

une idée bien amusante...
Alors plus d'articles ??

k said...

what a great idea for an event. wonder if there's something like that in KC. will have to start it if not!