Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy day today. These are the flowers I bought which I started planting this morning. Doesn't look like that many in this picture, but it's about $200 worth. Normally I would be planting annuals that I grew from seed myself. This year for various reasons, I didn't get my seeds planted. I really missed doing that. Next year for sure.



I got about 1/2 of them planted. Tomorrow I'll work on the remaining.

Kim took the dead roses off the arbor and dug them out...



and he planted the clematis we chose...



Florida Sieboldii...



and Montana Mayleen...



last night on the deck next to the pond...



Clematis blooming on the shed now...



My niece is moving away. This has been difficult for me to accept. Especially her reasons for doing so. But it's her decision. I'm really going to miss her. I have decided to make her a DVD for a going away present. I lived with her and her mom (my oldest sister) from Eva's birth (32 years ago) until she was about 3 years old. Then her parents divorced and moved away and we lost touch. At my mom's funeral about 3 years ago Eva and I reconnected. It's been great seeing her again. So I took a big step, for me, last night and phoned her mom and asked if she had some pics of Eva I could borrow and scan for the DVD. My sis (whom I don't speak with) was agreeable and said she would contact me when she had located and collected the pictures of Eva. I hope she does call me back.

My son, Casey, started working for his dad today. His father and I divorced 15 years ago. He has a lucrative masonry business. Casey is working for him as a hoddie. He said it was the hardest day he's ever worked. Casey really wants to be a fire-fighter, so I hope he pursues that dream, but it's interesting to have him work for his dad for a while. We'll see how that goes.

Very satisfying day. Great weather. Gardening. Tomorrow should be more of the same. A good life!

2 comments:

Massimo said...

I'm glad you're interested in letting your son chase his dreams. It's not every person who wants that! Hey, do you think being a firefighter is a good idea for him? It's very dangerous. Maybe an EMT instead? I think that's a better idea.

Thanks for listening.

Massimo

Victoria Williams said...

Yeah, well, what I think and what my son thinks....two VERY different things. He wants to be a forest fire fighter; because he wants to contribute to society, and he loves the outdoors, and he loves physical work. We'll see just what path he will eventually take.