Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Glorious June

We came home from a week's vacation to find our garden exploded in color.  
I think June is the perfect month, at least for our plants.

Our buddleia alternifolia is blooming.  This isn't the best shaped one I've seen.  In my next post I'll show you our neighbors.  It's glorious.  But, as you would expect, the butterflies love this plant.



Peachleaf bellflower is strutting its stuff.


Princess Diana clematis climbs the iron gazebo right off the back porch.


And clematis Florida sieboldii adds stunning beauty to the bench arbor.


Frankie really missed us.  He hasn't shut up since we got home.
But come to think of it, he never really shuts up anyway.


We've planted two Goat's Beard in this area;  'Misty Lace' and 'dioicus' and they're doing their job.
The sculpture is one of Zella Bardsley's.



Clematis Comtesse de Bouchard and Constance Spry rose duke it out in the moongarden.


And the poppies.....this one is papaver 'Pink Ruffles'.



Along the back fence clematis 'Viticella Polish Spirit' is doing its thing for us and for our neighbors.


This unidentified pink yarrow brightens things up too.


I hope your garden is living up to your expectations!

Next post I'll share what's happening out front.



4 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

Beautiful! Your clematis are looking great. Parts of ours are dying back for some reason. I wonder if it was too much rain. Oh and the poppies I planted last year were another casualty of that early cold spell.

GRACE PETERSON said...

So interesting, Victoria. I have 'Polish Spirit' and 'P. Diana' and neither is in bloom yet. Frankie is adorable. Your garden plants are fantastic. I sooo love this time of year.

Barbarapc said...

You are well ahead of us - can hardly wait to have things fill in the way your garden has. Absolutely scrumptious pictures. Have lost several clematis and your post has inspired me to try again. B.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Gorgeous blooms and handsome Frankie! Love your Princess Diana clematis - such delicate flowers!