Sunday, June 14, 2009

2009 Garden Tour

Kim and I managed to visit all seven gardens on the 2009 Garden Tour today. It was a bit of a whirlwind tour because I worked today. Since I left work a little early we were able to spend a decent amount of time at each beautiful garden. This tour benefits the Idaho Botanical Garden and is organized by the Lunaria League.

There certainly was plenty to see, from the Wicked Witch to a planted mailbox.



A garden "bed."



Plenty of fountains.




Garden seating was a focus in most gardens.












Our favorite on the tour was the one belonging to the Percy's. Simple, clean, yet full of details at the same time.









And just look at this stunning yellow flower.




I thought it was some sort of a yellow Echinacea but it's actually Gaillardia aristata 'Amber Wheels'. It's definitely on my "must have" list.

The weather cooperated and we didn't get rained upon. Great gardens, great tour.

17 comments:

Rosemary said...

What an interesting garden tour .Some cute ideas.

Heather said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all! How fun to tour for new ideas and eccentricities:-D

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Gorgeous gardens, love the wicked witch's feet. Too funny. Whimsy is great in the garden.

Bek said...

Very nice gardens! Love all the neat seating arrangements, surrounded by plants. That's something I would like to have one day:)

Anonymous said...

Wow what lovely gardens. I especially like the wicked witch.

Connie said...

What fun! It is always inspiring to see the gardens of others. I really like that shady nook surrounded by benches, with the fountain in the center.

The planted wheelbarrows reminded me that I need to get mine planted up. I bought an old one at a yard sale (minus the wheel). I need hubby to drill some holes in the bottom for drainage and then fill with potting soil and Laura Bush petunias... which are still languishing in their little cell packs.

Thanks for sharing these gardens with us!

Nikky said...

well that looks like it would have been a fun tour! i liked the wicked witch and the little fake front porch! very cute!

bs said...

wow! what a great tour. you're making me miss all the stuff (bathtubs and beautifully rusted wheelbarrows) in my old yard... but just a little bit. thanks for sharing!

Dirt Princess said...

I am at a loss for words...that rarely happens....give me a moment........

Ok...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wicked witch and I must see more pictures of it!!!!!!!

These gardens are mind blowing! I want to see all the pictures! Email them to me! I want to see more of the Percy's! WOW!!!

Genie said...

WOW!!! Awesome gardens and gorgeous little "garden seating" areas. I love the bed! And those old wheelbarrows full of flowers, that's really really neat.

Prairie Chicken... said...

Ok so I'm totally copying the witch legs. How fun is that? Great pics..

Kathleen said...

You have some incredible gardens near you Victoria. I love all the fun planters (like the bed, the wheelbarrows & the bike basket). It never fails I come home with a new "must have" plant whenever I get to go on a tour too. I'm glad it worked out for you to go. I'm hoping the weather cooperates for me to go on one this weekend.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I'd love to go on a garden tour like this one. Such a great way to get some new ideas. I love that gaillardia too!

Unknown said...

I know - way behind but trying to catch up on all of your wonderful posts.
Love the tour - just gorgeous and fun!

Unknown said...

can you tell me what the white flowers are in the wheel barrel I really love it

Unknown said...

can you tell me what the white flowers are in the wheel barrel I love it

Anonymous said...

Deb Sheldon, the white flowers are sweet alyssum.