Sunday, January 13, 2008

The sweet smell of soil...

Not much has been happening. Most of my days are spent either looking for work or thinking about how to save money until I find a job. So, a bit stressful at times.
We have been enjoying our empty house.....without Scarface and Louie our cat, Ebbie, actually joins us in the living room and has turned into a regular demanding kittie. So nice to be back to normal!
We took Chelsea on a walk by the Boise river last week, in the snow, which she loves.








And we celebrated being "empty nesters" with Vanessa and Steph by drinking too much wine with dinner and reading everyone's Tarot cards. My message: "You have experienced a loss and must mourn. You feel helpless, but you have the ability to see things clearly, you just need the courage to do so. Be aware of giving into a sense of helplessness. Do not give up your power. Take control of your life. Know that the cycles of nature are true and natural and that after a hard time, a better time will follow. And when it comes, give yourself over to it...immerse yourself in the cool waters of faith and the constant light of the star." (Nice).






















And "The sweet smell of soil" title? Well..........it's January, it must be time to plant flower seeds! If you grow your own, that is. Today I started just four different flowers; one perennial geranium, a couple annual geraniums and some mixed fuchsias. I've managed the geraniums from seed before, we'll see how the fuchsias do. (I'll keep you posted of course!)

6 comments:

Bek said...

Awesome winter pictures! It looks so peaceful.

k said...

i'm so behind on reading blogs...
beautiful pics! hope the job search goes well. my fingers are crossed for you.

Rosemary said...

Seems like rather busy days to me, made me smile at the too much wine, is there any such thing?
Oh your seeds make me so envious. I am not starting anything this year due to moving. I will be interested to see how the fushias grow they are one of my fav and I always have them to draw the hummingbirds.

Bob and Robin said...

Yes, Victoria, beautiful photos! Your post made me think of the possibility of have some space for some herbs, maybe. Maybe a small raised bed in the backyard. Problem is, little direct sun and I know basil loves the direct sun. I will have to see what develops.
---- Bob

Wurzerl said...

I love the photographs of Chelsea and the river. Are you sure it were too much wine? I cross my fingers for your job search!
Have a good day Wurzerl

Genie said...

Hi Victoria! I love those pictures, especially Chelsea and the heron is it? Snow, wow, I hope we see a tiny bit of that this year. Or a lot, I'm not picky.

Hubby is dying to start planting some stuff already. He makes me nuts with his plants. He's still hauling last seasons pepper and tomato plants in and out of the house to protect them from the freeze. I say, it's winter, let them go.

I don't have the patience for gardening, I salute you. I do have a strange love for composting though, go figure. I look forward to watching your flowers grow on your blog!