Sunday, December 16, 2007
From BEK.....and my answers;
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Are you celebrating with your family or are you traveling? Yes, we celebrate Christmas. Some years we also celebrated Winter Solstice. Our day of celebration isn't always on the 25th, we work around four different work schedules. This year my son is working Christmas Day. Some years Kim has to work 12 hours on Christmas, so it varies.
2. Do you know what presents to get and have you already done some shopping? We have bought a few things, but we still have some presents to buy. And one person who I still haven't figured out what to give.
3. Do you already know what to have for the Christmas meal? I like to change things up occasionally, this year I'll be making a Crown roast of pork. I won't be eating any of it (too red for me), but we'll have plenty of side dishes and some sort of dessert. On Christmas Eve I like to just fix snacks and finger foods because it's something my Dad always did and I enjoy being reminded of him.
4. Do you have a Christmas tree? When do you decorate it and when does it come down again? How do you like it to look? Our tree usually goes up just after Thanksgiving. Kim loves having the tree up and he usually initiates it. It will come down sometime after New Year's Day. We like going with one or two colors on our tree. This year it's blue and silver.
5. Are you going to church? No.
6. Do you think you will be having a white Christmas? Well, there is still some snow in our yard now, so maybe. We don't often have snow for Christmas but we always want it.
And I'll add another question:
7. What was your strangest Christmas? The year Kim got sick on Christmas Eve. I had to drive him to the emergency room through a foot of snow. On Christmas Day they performed surgery to close a tear in his esophagus.
I'm not going to tag anyone specifically, but if you do decide to post your own answers, please let BEK and I know. Merry Christmas!