Saturday, March 26, 2016

And Just Like That - He's Here

My grandson, Russell, arrived this Saturday morning around 5:15AM.

My daughter and son-in-law chose to have a home birth.  Lucky for me I was included.  It was a ton of work, the majority of which, of course, was done by my daughter.  She was a trooper and a rock star throughout the process, which wasn't a quick or easy one.  They phoned me Thursday night at 11:00 to come over and help her through her contractions.  Those continued until Friday night when she and the midwives made the decision to break her bag of waters.  The contractions picked up and went until midnight when she was ready to push her son out.  After five grueling hours of pushing he was unexpectedly delivered on their living room floor.  (A whole other story).

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have been included.  I watched in awe as his little head crowned and we all laughed and cried when we saw him for the first time.

New babies are just wonderful!

And oh, yeah;  8.4 lb, 22 inches long!












5 comments:

Country Girl said...

Congratulations, he looks so sweet! Hope Mom is getting some well deserved rest!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Congratulations!!!!

Pat said...

This is soooo WONDERFUL ! Did you say 5 hours of contractions...holy cow ! Mommy sure went through a lot in the course of one full day plus. Happy for all of you. Congrats,congrats,congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria Williams said...

Yes - Five hours of pushing! I thought my 1 1/2 hours of pushing during my daughter's birth was tough. It was amazing to witness her strength and determination.

Rosemary said...

Congrats on the new grandson He is beautiful. You have one very strong daughter to go thru that long delivery