Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fun Times

Kim and I were fortunate to be invited to fellow blogger friend Emily's house for a get together.  We got to meet both her dogs;  loveable.

Here's Andy.  You can see pictures of cute little Potato on her blog.



Emily also has three chickens and a great coop.



We were treated to a tomato tasting.  I should have counted all the varieties, there must have been over a dozen.  Emily had grown them all this summer.  Impressive.  And delicious.




Emily has a great house. She also has some strange looking plants;


It was a great time. Thanks Emily!

Kim and I took advantage of the nice weather this past week by walking to Bown Crossing for breakfast.


We also enjoyed their Sunday market.




The weather has been great up until the past few days when the temperature has decided to agree with the calendar, that it is indeed fall.  Soon it will be pumpkin and frost time.  Enjoy.



9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Those are some interesting looking tomatoes!

GRACE PETERSON said...

Hi Victoria, Your friend Emily's chicken coop is really cool but I'm not sure about that thorny plant! I love tomato tasting. What fun. The weather has been wonderful here too. I know it's going to end soon but I can wait. :) Cheers.

Effix said...

j'aime à regarder tout cela, les légumes surtout qui ne sont pas des mêmes formes que chez nous, ce qui les rend amusants !
Bonne journée,
Bisous
François,

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

What a great outdoor market!! Your friend Emily has some lovely tomatoes, nothing better than homegrown tomatoes!

Emily said...

aww, thanks victoria! i'm so glad you had a good time. i can't remember if i offered you seeds for naranjilla (the murder-leaf plant). you're welcome to some if you're interested, but i understand if you're not--it does pose a public safety hazard.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

WoW! Those tomatoes! Japanese Black reminds me of Black Krim tomatoes. The doggy is cute!

Rosemary said...

Kim and Victoria
Looked like a fabulous breakfast on a sunny day... How nice to meet a fellow blogger and have a tasting ..... Kindred spirits for sure....

Jennifer said...

How nice that you were able to get together with another local blogger and do a tomato tasting. I bet that must have been fun. I stopped in the other day,but got interrupted before I could leave a comment. The pictures of your vacation to Glacier National Park were amazing. What a trip that must have been. I love all the mountain views and animal pictures.

Kathleen said...

How fun to get together with another garden blogger.
Your breakfast place looks awesome. I should really try to get out more for that meal! I can't remember the last time I ate breakfast out? Isn't that terrible?
It feels like fall here too ~ 50 degrees & cloudy. Not sure I'm ready!