Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Getting Back to Normal

As the weather has been getting back to "normal" for spring/beginning of summer there has been more of this happening:




This lovely Blue Moon clematis has been blooming on the gazebo.




The pond iris are blooming.

























This yellow tree peony came up with one blossom.

























Red Charm peony is blooming its head off.





















Still some columbines blooming. Most of these we started from seed a few years ago.

































The flag iris are still blooming; most out front and some in the back garden.






















Kim catches me contemplating the garden. You can see Chelsea under my seat and my glass of wine on the side arm. I was updating my garden journal.
(The wine helps.)










And Kim gives Tootsie a little lovin'.

9 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

love the first pic!

Rosemary said...

What a lovely spot to contemplate the garden..... Your tree peony is lovely as are all the early summer flowers.

Pat said...

The Red Charm peony is a knock out !
What a life...great gardens to relax in and wine and cheese to top it off.
Looks like you're on vacation. :)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Relaxing in the garden with a snack and wine sounds perfect! We might get warm enough for that this weekend. Your garden looks so pretty. I hope my pond irises will bloom next Spring. My pond plants are way behind this year.

François said...

le nouveau look de Kim lui va à ravir, j'aime beaucoup ! Si je te disais que j'ai une grosse envie de partir loin et d'oublier tout, tu me croirais ..? pas trop le moral en ce moment, j'ai envie d'oublier la vie par moment ... bisous
François

Prairie Chicken... said...

Cheers!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What sweet, beautiful, charming, peaceful expressions. Thanks for sharing your world with us.

Laura Paine Carr said...

The photo of you with journal and wine is not only beautiful, but inspiring. Unfortunately, I've already written in my journal, but all is not lost: It's time for a glass of wine!
xoxoxo

Kathleen said...

Sounds like you've been busy this summer Victoria. It's always funny to me that we wait for summer, thinking we're going to relax, then it ends up being a crazy time of year!
Your garden is a terrific place to relax tho. It looks just beautiful. I have a thing for foxgloves too but hardly ever can get them to overwinter. Interesting the chickens can eat the leaves and not get sick (or worse).
Your kitchen project is going to be wonderful once it's done. I can imagine the inconvenience tho...
Happy summer!
ps great photo of your hubby & tootsie. Do chickens like receiving affection??