Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another Half Marathon (13.1 miles)

Vanessa and I ran the half marathon part of the Famous Idaho Potato Marathon today.

Here we are pre-race.



Yeah, I look goofy. Try not looking at me.

It was a chilly morning; 50 degrees. Which doesn't sound chilly, but in the shade and with the wind, it was very chilly feeling. Which is why we were taking shelter in a shed with a bunch of other people before the race started.

The beginning of the race and all the people ahead of us;





And here we are post race with a friend of Vanessa's.



I was sooooo glad to have Vanessa run with me. She was a huge help as my body tried to give up along the way.


Do I look tired? Cause I am! And I think I'll spend the rest of the day relaxing in our garden and being entertained by our chickens.

7 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Wow, I am amazed at your ability to do that! I don't think I ever could. I have never been a good runner. I love the landscape of your area....just beautiful. Carla

Katie said...

I cant believe you run that far on purpose. Congrats on yet another half!

Unknown said...

WoW what a lot of people run that race. Congrats on doing it!
Love your new header with the girls pictures on it. How cute is that?

Barbarapc said...

If I'd run a half marathon, my photo would have been taken in a box - you look wonderful. What beautiful scenery & although 50F is cold to start the day - I bet you were glad of the cooler weather along the course. Well done!

Rosemary said...

Still impresses me to see what a marathon runner you have become.......

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Congrats! It must be such a great feeling to finish these races. One day I'd like to at least do a 5K...

Laura Paine Carr said...

Congratulations!!!!
My daughter is a runner, and she and her daughter Mary, just did a 10K. Not a half marathon, but wow! You impress me ;-) And I think that the pics show a very beautiful woman, full of life and vital energy. The image of all the people in front of you in the race is remarkable. Again, Wow!
Blessings: More smiles! Oh, and PS: I love your 'header'