Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tis the season for.................
1. Killing another poinsettia. I love them, but can never seem to get them to make it past the holidays.
2. Shopping. We don't have a lot to do. We never do. Not much family, not many friends. Still, we usually enjoy the little shopping we have.
3. Christmas cookies. Mine are finally finished. As of about 20 minutes ago. My hands are still dyed red.
4. Speaking of cookies, adding about five pounds. To my scales. Oh well. There's always next year to diet.
5. Christmas decorations. Ours are up. Thanks to hubbie Kim. The goofy and the "just for fun." Plenty of outdoor lights also.
6. The tree. Up. Blue again this year. Bought a few strands of the LED lights. Liking them.
7. Christmas dinner. Will be later in the week as usual. Kim has to work so we'll get together with the kids at a later date.
8. Trip to Idaho Botanical Garden to see the lights. That will happen tomorrow night. I'll be dressed VERY warmly. 10˚ weather hurts my face!
9. Dinner out. I like this one. This will happen tonight as Kim and I treat ourselves to a nice night out on the town. Just the two of us. My hours and days off have changed again at work and now we don't have any days off together. Kim took a bit of his vacation time so we've been enjoying spending some real time together.
10. Frantically finishing making Christmas gifts. Yeah, this one is all mine. But I'm enjoying it for the most part.
11. Giving. Find some little thing, person, or place that needs some help and be that help.