Sunday, September 30, 2007

Knitting and Lunch

Yesterday my friend Carol invited me to visit some yarn shops with her. Carol re-taught me to knit about a year ago and I've been working on some scarves as presents. Seeing all the gorgeous colors and patterns really helped inspire me to get back to my knitting and even try some new things. Since she generously gave me a gift certificate for caring for her cats while she was on vacation, I picked up a couple skeins and a pattern for a cute hat.





It just boggles my mind seeing all the different yarn choices. So many beautiful colors and patterns to choose from.

Carol also took us to lunch here.



What a great place. We had salads and hot tea. Good stuff.





If you're having the rather expensive High Tea ($22 per person), you get to choose a hat to wear...so cute.



Fun day. Glad she invited me; glad I went.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I am trying to teach myself to knit. We live down the street from a really neat yarn shop and I figured...well why not learn and be able to go there. They have beautiful yarn. The ones in your pics are soo pretty. I think I'll go down there and ask them to help me, since the self-teaching isn't going so well. You've inspired me.

Rosemary said...

What a nice day , love tea rooms and those salads looked so good. The yarn is beautiful would love to see your finished product.

Genie said...

Dangit! Now I want a High Tea hat.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who takes pictures of my food. Carried my camera and tripod into a jerky shop this weekend and almost took shots of the chalkboard walled bathroom--they offered a selection of chalk for bathroom artists.

Suburban prep said...

I have yarn envy. Those are gorgeous yarns that you pictured.