Sunday, September 9, 2007

Art in the Park, Wine, and Dinner



Kim and I went to the annual Art in the Park in Boise today. There were, as usual, so many wonderful things to check out. One of my favorites happened to be the dogs. So many cute dogs......and everyone likes to have their dog photographed, so I had a good time with my new camera.

Afterwards we went to the Boise Co-op who had just opened their new wine shop. We tasted 12, yes, twelve, wines! It was great! (It's also a place I'm trying to be hired onto).



We bought a bottle of this to go with tonight's dinner...



...only because it was made where we were one year ago....Les Baux de Provence, France.



(Nice, nice wine too and only $15.00)

For dinner I made Kiva Chicken with Red Chile Glaze. (It's not spicy like it sounds, but it was excellent.)



We served it with the Rosemary/Garlic Flatbread (I recommend using Parmesan cheese on top), a veggie, pasta, and for dessert....



...Mocha Tart, a recipe which won first place in our local fair. (We all loved it.)



Really good dinner. Really good day.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a lovely day.
Your dinner looks so good.
Copied the recipes looking forward to trying the tart and the chicken.
Good luck on the job , would be right up your alley.

Natalie said...

That all sounds so good. For the chicken recipe, I can pick out the mushrooms (I dont' eat them). What is the Spike seasoning? Also, did you use a pie plate to bake the dessert in or a tart pan?
Thanks for the recipes..I am always looking for new and interesting things to make.

Victoria Williams said...

Natalie - you could use zucchini in place of the mushrooms. Spike seasoning; all purpose all natural seasoning contains sea salt, onion powder, celery powder, Indian curry, horseradish, tarragon, etc, etc. And for the dessert I used a pie pan, but a tart pan would probably look nicer. The dessert isn't as heavy as it looks either.

Rosemary - I bet you'll enjoy both recipes!

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

A job at the Boise wine co-op - you'd be PERFECT for it! Good luck!