Thursday, July 12, 2007

Unemployment

First official day, at least to me, of being laid off. Reason being, I should have been at work last night. I used to work 12 hour shifts with 3 or 4 day weekends. It was nice. Oh my. First thing I did today was get out of bed around 8AM and take the dogs to the desert for a run. They had a great time as usual. I've made a list of probably too many things I want to get done today; some gardening chores such as tie down the growing rose onto the wire Kim curved to the fence, trim the wisteria before it eats the house, deadhead, water, etc. Oh yeah, AND look for a job. Then I want to work out (videos), study French, study palm and tarot readings, vacuum. Oh and Rosemary showed me this great blog and I want to try their Parisian Bread. Yeah, getting over my head now, I know. OK, so I'll save the bread for another day. I need to get to Home Depot first anyway. I know I can buy an unfinished clay floor tile for about $1 and use it for an oven stone. Since the temp will reach around 100 degrees today (about 38 celsius) I'll start in the garden and see how far I get.

No comments: