
I made a stop at a thrift shop while searching for some props for an upcoming Christmas video (be sure to check out previous post of R-E-S-P-E-C-T video) when I noticed all the Christmas decor on sale.

Seeing all of these Christmas items for sale at a thrift store caused my emotions to take a roller coaster ride. At first I was awed at the amount of items available. Then I was saddened for all these once treasured items that had been discarded. For instance, who gives away Babies First Christmas ornaments? You know there has to be a sad story behind that one.

As I walked around snapping my photos (no one tried to stop me) I noticed at what a bargain all these items were being sold. Duh! It's a THRIFT STORE!

If I wasn't on such a strict budget myself I would have been tempted to pick up a few things. I noticed this sweet little ceramic box....

I turned it over to look at the price tag.........$1.99.
Sold!
It seemed to me that after all a thrift store is a great place for discarded Christmas items to spend time between owners. Much better than the dump. And I also realized that Shopco and Target aren't the only places to find a bargain.
But, a person may want to pass up on some of the offerings.........

Not sure anyone would appreciate used Christmas boxers. Actually, now that I think about it, they probably haven't been used at all!
Maybe for babies first Christmas they were surprised with a girl instead of a boy... at least I hope that's what happened.
ReplyDeleteIt could be that Baby's First Christmas ornaments were donated by a retailer and not an individual. My aunt who works at Goodwill frequently comments on the amazing things that places like Target and local furniture stores will donate to them.
ReplyDeleteI love thrift stores, you never know what you're going to find. Most of it's crap, but a lot of it is fun!
Miss checking out your blog, feel so overwhelmed lately. I hope to catch up soon. Maybe I've got the holiday blahs. Congrats on the mixer! I've been dreaming about having one myself! But I'm already fat enough... I don't need the encouragement. Still, would be so nice to whip out several batches of oatmeal cookies without waking up the carpal tunnel. Enjoy your mixer!